Monday, September 22, 2014

Journal...

My City, Zlin, Czech Republic
    So i was looking at my journal of my mission, it's like a hundred pages and it covers like 420 days.  I just sat there and looked at it in my hand, not reading it, not doing anything with it, just looking at it as a stack of paper that has represented everything i have done with a 19th of my life. So little, but yet i know i've done so much for people. and as i sat there and pondered about this, i looked over and saw my bible, i just looked at it, 3 years, a book that represents 3 years of the life of Jesus Christ (i'm not counting a lot of stuff obvi) and i just thought about how much we can influence the world with the short time of mortality we have here on this earth.  i thought about how powerful our words and actions are, about how much we, as spirit children, can just change everything with the words that come out of our mouths. We have so much power in this, we can change the history of mankind by expressing how "i have a dream...," or we can change the course of someone's life by expressing hope in them in their darkest days of depression. We can be the one who reaches out and lifts others to what they can be, to their divine potential, I know that we can. 

I also know of the strength of our words to tear others down. The strength of telling someone that they are worthless, or trashing their beliefs, or telling them that they are worse than us in some way. This is the responsibility that we are all entrusted with, the free agency that we will all be judged according to. 

Also, if you told me, from my last email, something bad about myself don't feel bad, I asked for it haha. But for everyone reading this, I want you to think about the last compliment you received and how it felt. It felt good, the last time someone expressed confidence in you. So remember that feeling and spread it, and you will be happier, even if you don't change someone else's life.

Kromeriz

As for my week, it went super well, we taught a family yesterday, haha it was fantastic, 6 kids, it felt like home haha!
also this week i saw this video...
 http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?im=true&v=3701964025001 
this is the story of the father of Elder Sylvester, who's in my MTC group, go watch it, it's amazing, be the friend who had the courage to invite another to the gospel for the betterment of their life.

Thanks to everyone who told me my bad traits! I'll see you all next week. Love Ya, Peace off!

-Spencer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment