Monday, August 24, 2015

Last Email?

So next week I might not be able to email because we have a different schedule as departing missionaries in our last week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write. 

So, as if it were my last,

I'd just like to thank all of you, ward members, friends, family, especially those of you who receive this email for being such a great support to me.  I really don't deserve it.  I much too often don't have time to write a good reply or forget, so I apologize for that. 

The last two years have been tough, but you know what they say, '' The Best Two Years'', right Bryce? hahah. So far, they really have been.  The amount of spiritual growth I've seen is incomprehensibly immense.  I've come to truly know who I am and what the purpose of all of this is. And, I've also come to know that God truly is there.  This single fact is one of the most important of all of the things which I've ever learned, which are many.

Without a single doubt in my mind, I've come to know that Jesus Christ died for us, and that through His atonement we can all become new men and women, and that nothing is unfixable.  Nothing.  

I've learned that not all missionaries are spiritual people and it's the person that works towards spirituality that receives it, and it's something that can't be handed out or assigned by call. The calling isn't what makes a missionary a spiritual person, but it's the fact that missionaries magnify their calling that makes them spiritual. When we magnify our callings in life the spirit will reside with us no matter what the calling is.

I now understand the importance of family and I know that the Family was a thing set up by God. I'm so grateful for the family I have, they're the best.  

I'm going to miss this place, but even more I'm going to miss the people of the Czech Republic beyond more then the average Czech would even begin to believe if i told him. They're a good people and it's been a good two years serving them, but life moves on, and I'm not one to dwell in the past but to rather grow from it, then, look to the future, and the future looks bright. So in honor and dignity I'll hang up this tag knowing with full certainty that I did everything I possibly could've within my strength to serve Him who sits on high; our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.


gg

ELDER SPENCER E. PETERSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment